New Poll

Child migrants o be compensated
Flin
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 08:13 AM

Supremo Poster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: 47 pts

Child migrants forcibly sent to Australia from UK after WWII to be compensated for abuse, neglect
user posted image
David Hill at the port of Tilbury in Essex, where he left England as a 12-year-old boy for Australia.

Thousands of child migrants who were forcibly sent to Australia from Britain after World War II are likely to be compensated for the abuse and neglect they suffered.

An independent inquiry in the UK into the post-war migration policy found it was "fundamentally flawed".

It has urged the British Government to compensate the surviving former child migrants within 12 months.

Around 4,000 children were sent to Australia and other countries after 1945.

Many of them were poor or orphaned and were promised a new life where "sheep outnumbered people".

They were sent by charities and the Catholic Church.

user posted image
Fairbridge Farm School in the NSW centeral west, where David Hill was sent in 1959.

He was nine in 1954 when he arrived by ship in Freemantle after a six-month journey.

They were sent to a Catholic institution known as Bindoon Boys Town.

"We were 60 miles from Perth," he told the BBC.

"We had no parents, no relatives. There was nowhere we could go. These paedophiles must have been in hog heaven."

The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse found successive UK governments failed to protect the children, and were more concerned with not upsetting diplomatic relations with other countries, including Australia, than protecting children.

user posted image
David Hill, a former managing director of the ABC, was sent to New South Wales when he was 12.

He said he "generally welcomed the report" and was pleased the inquiry accepted his evidence and the evidence of other former British child migrants who had suffered lifelong consequences of the abuse.

"But it's of very little value to the victims of abuse, unless the British Government implements the recommendation to very soon introduce the comprehensive redress scheme the inquiry suggested," Mr Hill said.

About 2,000 are believed to still be alive — about half the number of child migrants who left the UK.

Time is not on their side.

"I'm a youngster among the child migrants," Mr Hill said.

"I pointed out in the decade since I wrote the book — that started a lot of this ball rolling — called The Forgotten Children … 25 per cent of the kids who were at the school with me have died, and since I gave that evidence more have died."

He said he was confident the British Government would move swiftly.

"They'd have to be heartless not to because the evidence is overwhelming."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-02/uk-children-sent-to-australia-after-war-to-be-compensated/9501646

"We had no parents, no relatives. There was nowhere we could go. These paedophiles must have been in hog heaven."

I wasn't aware that this went on so long after WW2.
This criminal organisation should be shut down and their asserts seized.
http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/smiley_angry002.gif

--------------------
Living In An Elected Dictatorship
Flin's opinions and comments reflect his perception of the facts and not necessarily reality
PMEmailWebsite
^
charka
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 08:57 AM

Supremo Poster

Group: Active Member
Member No.: 11

Rep: 48 pts

What about the toowoombah boys home the abuse vthere records sealed fo 100 years bligh did that wesatbridge
PMEmail
^
Jonno
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 07:19 PM

Platinum

Member No.: 86

Rep: 23 pts

Any excuse to grab a few dollars from WW2 fairy tales.
Children were not 'stolen', children were not removed for the benefit of their health, parents of children in bombed-out, devastated areas of Britain were asked if they would approve of sending their children to Australia,and when the war ended, and the male family member returned from duty they would have preference to emigrate to Australia.
David Hill, a 12 year old boy, now an old bloke with 'so-called indelible memories',
of playing cowboys and indians on the 'waste ground where bombs dropped on houses and cleared'.
David Hill, ex ABC, ex farting around in other ventures, now grovelling in a fictitiou dream and being non-important as usual, making noises which fall on blocked ears.
I have some true stories which I can sell to him.......opposite to the garbage which he si trying to '''sell'''.

--------------------
When you can't make then see the light make them feel the heat.
Henry Ford

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits
Albert Einstein
PMEmailMSN
^
charka
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 06:11 AM

Supremo Poster

Member No.: 11

Rep: 48 pts

my wifes cousin was one she was told her parents were dead More believable than the other"stolen generation Did you know there were2 high court challenges for the stolen generation both thrown out Oranges and Sunshine' film about the other stolen generation - ABC ...
www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2011/05/25/3226507.htm

May 25, 2011 - A film that depicts another dark chapter of Australia's colonial history.
People also search for

This post has been edited by charka: Mar 3 2018, 04:00 PM
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Social Issues | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll