Mystery Pictures
Charles
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 06:41 PM

Dentus Chookus

Group: Featured Blogers
Member No.: 17

Rep: 143 pts

user posted image

I'm going to be very busy tomorrow so I'm posting this BQ a day early. I'll still wait until tomorrow to reveal the answer to last week's so you have a bit more time if you haven't worked it out already.

This week's question involves two pictures. I want to know what they are. One is relatively easy, the other a tough one.

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
“If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

“All of life is peaks and valleys. Don’t let the peaks get too high and the valleys too low.” - John Wooden
PMEmail
^
Charles
 Posted: Yesterday at 10:01 am

Dentus Chookus

Group: Featured Blogers
Member No.: 17

Rep: 143 pts

Just three respondents this week. Flin and Bear both correctly identified the first picture as a close up of moss/lichen. This was taken at the base of a tree in the Boranup Forest.

Alicia and Bear were close with the second picture, one describing it as art glass, the other as a painting.
The picture is the close-up of a section of a table top at a restaurant. The restaurant is attached to an art gallery in the Margaret River region. The plain table top has paint applied and then swirled around to form an abstract pattern. When dry, a clear resin coating is applied giving it a glass like finish. I think both answers deserve a point.

--------------------
“If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

“All of life is peaks and valleys. Don’t let the peaks get too high and the valleys too low.” - John Wooden
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | "Burning Questions" | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll