Round 15 (cont.) - S of O
Charles
 Posted: Jun 19 2018, 05:04 PM

Dentus Chookus

Group: Featured Blogers
Member No.: 17

Rep: 144 pts

user posted image

The NRL web site lists Origin II as part of Round 15. Round 16 commences on Thursday June 28. As Bill points out, there are some other entertaining Rugby League games over the weekend but I haven't included these for tipping purposes.

Sunday June 24:

NSW v
Queensland WIN

--------------------
“If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

“All of life is peaks and valleys. Don’t let the peaks get too high and the valleys too low.” - John Wooden
PMEmail
^
Flin
 Posted: Jun 19 2018, 06:55 PM

Supremo Poster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: 47 pts

nsw v Queensland LOSS

--------------------
Living In An Elected Dictatorship
Flin's opinions and comments reflect his perception of the facts and not necessarily reality
PMEmailWebsite
^
scepo
 Posted: Jun 20 2018, 11:16 AM

Supremo Poster

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

Rep: 66 pts

NSW WIN

--------------------
Everybody is Willing:
Some are willing to work, the rest are willing to let them!

The older I get, the better I was.
PM
^
Bill
 Posted: Jun 20 2018, 03:32 PM

Gold

Group: Active Member
Member No.: 85

Rep: 9 pts

QUEENSLANDAAAAHS for sure. LOSS

Make sure you tune in early to catch the Under 8's SofO. Girls and boys on the same team and the girls can run faster than the boys. I think they play from sideline to sideline with lowered goal posts.

It will be a highlight for me but Ch 9 will probably decide to cross to sportsbet or Joey Johns for some useless commentary

--------------------
It's a tough gig being the only duck in the shooting gallery
PM
^
scepo
 Posted: Jun 20 2018, 04:38 PM

Supremo Poster

Sorry, but I am just not that keen. http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/smiley_don_t_know.gif

I can find better things to do. http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/biggrin.gif

--------------------
Everybody is Willing:

PM
^
Phillip J.
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 01:02 PM

Kryptonite

Member No.: 16

Rep: 33 pts

This is only my personal opinion, of course, but Rugby League is not like it used to be.
The old days of young people working their way up through the different grades until some made the hallowed 1st Grade is long gone, it seems.
And, all the footballers in those days, had actual day jobs, or businesses, and they went to training, and played on the weekend, there wasn't the big money around that allowed you get drunk on a plane,and take a piss in the aisles, and fondle (or worse) women, just because you could!
I know that there would still be decent people still playing the game, but I just want them to NOT carry on like undisciplined apes! Like it, or not, kids look up to these people, and these idiots seem to not care about anything like that. It's all about them being big "heroes"!
Plus, all this buying of players, means that all I'm seeing is a hell of a lot of Islanders, etc. on the field, and next season they'll be with another team! Not even any club loyalty there! But, the clubs have only themselves to blame, because in a way, they started all this mess in the first place!

--------------------
Live as if the world were as it should be, to show how it could be.
If what we do doesn't matter, then the only thing that matters is what we do.
PMEmail
^
Bill
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 03:35 PM

Gold

Member No.: 85

Rep: 9 pts

For those needing a Rugby League 'fix this weekend, you will be spoiled by the offering.

Friday 22nd June:
Women's first ever stand alone SofO match. Don't be fooled though. the girls may not be as strong or as fast as the guys, but the skillsets, enthusiasm, and physicality is all there.
NSW v QLD.

Saturday 23rd June:
The action moves south-west on Saturday for the Pacific Tests at Campbelltown Stadium.
First up is Fiji against Papua New Guinea on Saturday afternoon.

Night time game is Tonga against Samoa. It will be fast and brutal.

Sunday 24th June"
State of Origin 2
NSW v QUEENSLANDAAAHS

Check your local program guides for times etc. Some games may be on GEM not Ch9.

Also...…..keep a lookout during the pregame entertainment on Sunday for the Under 8's State of Origin. It will bring a tear to your eye. scepo will not be pleased as the referees take a larger than normal part in the game to ensure that the game is always close to a draw. Some ref decisions are questionable though. http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/lbill.gif

Here's the NRL link for more info and stories.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/21/representative-weekend-a-welcome-addition-to-the-nrl-season/

--------------------
It's a tough gig being the only duck in the shooting gallery
PM
^
lee
 Posted: Jun 22 2018, 03:53 PM

Rana Capillum

Member No.: 48

Rep: 17 pts

Lee's tip

Queensland LOSS

--------------------
Life is neither a race to the end, nor a slow ramble whose sole aim is longevity

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
PM
^
scepo
 Posted: Jun 22 2018, 04:03 PM

Supremo Poster

QUOTE (Phillip J. @ Jun 21 2018, 01:02 PM)
This is only my personal opinion, of course, but Rugby League is not like it used to be.
The old days of young people working their way up through the different grades until some made the hallowed 1st Grade is long gone, it seems.
And, all the footballers in those days, had actual day jobs, or businesses, and they went to training, and played on the weekend, there wasn't the big money around that allowed you get drunk on a plane,and take a piss in the aisles, and fondle (or worse) women, just because you could!
I know that there would still be decent people still playing the game, but I just want them to NOT carry on like undisciplined apes! Like it, or not, kids look up to these people, and these idiots seem to not care about anything like that. It's all about them being big "heroes"!
Plus, all this buying of players, means that all I'm seeing is a hell of a lot of Islanders, etc. on the field, and next season they'll be with another team! Not even any club loyalty there! But, the clubs have only themselves to blame, because in a way, they started all this mess in the first place!

I think that basicly this is what happened when the game became professional PJ. Too much money to spend at a youngish age brings about bad behaviour. http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/smiley_IMHO.png

--------------------
Everybody is Willing:

PM
^
Charles
 Posted: Jun 25 2018, 09:35 AM

Dentus Chookus

Group: Featured Blogers
Member No.: 17

Rep: 144 pts

Scepo and Charles both correctly tipped the Blues.

The result leaves S of O Three a dead rubber now that NSW have won the series. Apart from money, what's the point?

--------------------
“If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

“All of life is peaks and valleys. Don’t let the peaks get too high and the valleys too low.” - John Wooden
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Australian Rugby League | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll