Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Secret ex-Muslim network in Australia fear disownm
Bill
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 04:23 PM

Gold

Group: Active Member
Member No.: 85

Rep: 8 pts

QUOTE (Charles @ Jun 11 2018, 09:15 AM)
QUOTE (Bill @ Jun 10 2018, 01:51 PM)
Well......that went well scepo.  http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/biggrin.gif  http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/lbill.gif

Bill, is this your idea of discussing a topic? Scepo posts an article and invites thoughts and opinions and that is all you can contribute.

Hi Charles

The responses to scepos posting were predictable from the start. It was designed to promote the usual round of Muslim bashing that occurs regularly on FDNC. Indeed there are some who would be of the opinion that there is very little else of any consequence that is discussed here. http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/biggrin.gif

scepo even coaxed the Bear out of hibernation. http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/biggrin.gif

A wise man once said:

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

OK - it was Flin, but Flin would concede that the quote is attributable to a number of people including the progressive social activist, Eleanor Roosevelt, Henry Thomas Buckle, an English historian and goes as far back as Socrates.

I'm assuming that everyone here identifies with the "Great Minds" model and have taken the time to actually read the entire article.

So......What are the issues raised here ?

The issues raised by the young women interviewed are not confined to Islam, but are endemic right across the broad spectrum of Patriarchal Religions, (be that Islam Christianity, the Jews, Hinduism, Buddhism etc. etc. where the role of women in society is defined as being confined to 'child bearing' and to serve the inrtere3sts of men. (My dearly departed old Mum, the eternal militant feminist, would have been especially proud of that last paragraph. http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/biggrin.gif )

The same scenarios are being played out by Catholics in Ireland, Muslim women in Saudi Arabia, women of colour in the U.S., Jewish women in Israel, Rohingha women in Myanmar. Women everywhere in fact, are rejecting the religions that deny them the same rights as men.

This story is no different. It's a feminist story, not a religious story, and the support these women need will not come from the Anti Islam brigade, but from the 'sisterhood'...….because the stories cross all religious boundaries.

You would all be familiar with the phrase that forms part of marriage ceremonies, "Who giveth this woman ?"....and a man steps forward and says "I do"......implying that a man is giving a woman to another man. It may have been appropriate 3,000 years ago, but young women today are rejecting the idea that they are someone's possession to be given to someone else.

A little personal story, if I may beg your indulgence. http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/lbill.gif .

When my step daughter was getting married, (late 90s), her mother and the bride to be asked me if I would 'give her away'. They were both shocked when I refused because she was not mine to give. I proposed a compromise where her mother and I would jointly answer the question "Who giveth this woman ?"

At the appropriate time, when the question was asked, Mum and I stepped forward, hand in hand, looked at each other, and then answered "We do."

A completely different scenario, and both Mum and Step-daughter said it was the most memorable part of the ceremony.

We can continue down the path of Muslim bashing for the sake of Muslim bashing if you like, or we can be the "Smart Minds" we would like to be and discuss the issues raised.

Maybe I can put this into perspective with an analogy that you can understand.

The next time you are going out with your better half, go to her wardrobe, pull out a dress and tell her to wear it. Good Luck with that. http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/biggrin.gif

You'll be eating with the dog until you work it out. http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/lbill.gif

--------------------
It's a tough gig being the only duck in the shooting gallery
PM
^
Charles
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 05:01 PM

Dentus Chookus

Group: Featured Blogers
Member No.: 17

Rep: 143 pts

Thanks Bill. Your response is both appreciated and predictable.

You say, "it's a feminist story, not a religious story," and go on to describe how women are second class citizens in many cultures.

That's a very clever strategy to disguise the fact that the women in this story are living in fear. Not a fear of being ostracised because they have rejected their religion, but a fear for their very lives because of the punishments prescribed by Islam and the extremist fundamentalists.

Your charming anecdote about 'giving away" the bride is a fair reflection on an antiquated tradition. However, it is just an additional smokescreen to cover the real message conveyed by the article.

Answer this Bill, "Is stating that some Islamic extremists call for the execution of those who leave their religion 'Muslim bashing'?"

--------------------
“If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

“All of life is peaks and valleys. Don’t let the peaks get too high and the valleys too low.” - John Wooden
PMEmail
^
Phillip J.
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 05:26 PM

Kryptonite

Member No.: 16

Rep: 33 pts

Hi there, Bill.
scepo's post was actually informative, and, to me, reinforced the stories that we've all heard about certain elements of this "peaceful, tolerant" religion.
Didn't you think that it was all correct and factual? As I said, we shouldn't be really surprised at it all.
You refer to Muslim bashing (verbal, of course) but, don't you think that all this is because of their attitude to non-Muslims? Wanting to behead infidels, threatening all who are against Islam, radicalising people that may not have really thought that way before! Try walking through the streets of Lakemba, NSW and get told to get out, because, and I quote :- THIS IS ISLAM! How arrogant IS that? When did they become the owners of a Sydney suburb? You can say "bashing" but the point here is, they hate us, but want our country, they hate us, but want, and receive, wonderful Centrelink handouts. These are just simple facts! Can they say...assimilation? (Or even spell it?) http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/smiley_don_t_know.gif

--------------------
Live as if the world were as it should be, to show how it could be.
If what we do doesn't matter, then the only thing that matters is what we do.
PMEmail
^
Bear
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 07:05 PM

Diamond

Member No.: 79

Rep: 8 pts

"scepo even coaxed the Bear out of hibernation." http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/biggrin.gif

The Bear has been very busy Bill, not much sleep due to health issues.

"A wise man once said:"

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

Well Bill, I have noticed that most of the topics that you post on discuss 'people' - so I guess you fit the 'small mind' part of the quote that you have used?

I don't believe that you have a 'small mind' - however, you need to open your mind as you have missed the point here, yet again. Ask yourself why these young people have left Islam, and in some cases lost their families because of this choice - it would have been very difficult.

She said her parents, whom she described as "moderate, even liberal", turned physically violent and police got involved.

I can not defend people who behave like this Bill. http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/Smiley_winknod.gif

"This story is no different. It's a feminist story, not a religious story,"

Read the article Bill, it is not a 'feminist story' re: Avijit Roy and Mohammad - ex-Muslims are both male and female.

Feminism and Islam do not mix Bill, you should realise this by now.
http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/rolleyes.gif

Back in Sydney, Mohammad* said he was "out" to his immediate family and close friends.

user posted image
A file photo of slain blogger Avijit Roy and his wife Rafida Ahmed Banna.

Victim was founder of popular blog against Islamist radicals.

And, it is a 'religious story' Bill.....

Mr Kadri said if somebody leaves Islam, "They are no longer part of a Muslim community".

"That's a very clever strategy to disguise the fact that the women in this story are living in fear. Not a fear of being ostracised because they have rejected their religion, but a fear for their very lives because of the punishments prescribed by Islam and the extremist fundamentalists.

Your charming anecdote about 'giving away" the bride is a fair reflection on an antiquated tradition. However, it is just an additional smokescreen to cover the real message conveyed by the article."

I agree Charles, a good analyst of Bill's troublesome post.

I also agree with your summary Phillip, I see no chance of assimilation from those you have described.
http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/smiley_don_t_know.gif

This post has been edited by Bear: Jun 11 2018, 10:59 PM

--------------------
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason.

~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz,

We live in a world in which politics has replaced philosophy. ~Martin L. Gross, A Call for Revolution, 1993

"Stupid people are like glow sticks: I wanna snap em and shake the shit outta them till the light comes on."
PM
^
Michael.W
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 09:26 PM

Gold

Member No.: 58

Rep: 47 pts

This is the reason I despise all forms of religion. All religions and faiths and followers are forced to believe what they are educated on, as if its the only sole right in life and if you don't follow it, consequences follow.

I have no issues with people who wish to believe in religion or faith, just don't ram it down other people throats and especially on children.

The problem now is the political systems in many countries including Australia and all the states a territories has the same down syndrome. Universities are using the exactly the same mythology.

For many years and centuries religion was bashed into many families homes and was control from the churches to household, now we have politicians doing the exact same thing, trying to run people homes from the parliament houses as if their god given right to so, brain washing people is the ultimate goal, except most people in parliament come from law backgrounds and think they are above the people.

This is where the rebellion and the revolt will start to take place. we are seeing it very heavily in European countries and in South Africa. We as Australia will not be spared and we are seeing the same systemic racism moving into this country.

This post has been edited by Michael.W: Jun 12 2018, 09:03 AM
PM
^
Flin
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 08:01 AM

Supremo Poster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: 47 pts

I have had a gutful of islam and all its facets, dominating the gullible media during the past 30 years. .
We can talk about it until the cows come home but nothing happens because we have the Canberra mob who are all drinking out of the same punch bowl that needs to be flushed.

Our government and our apathy as a nation has enabled these people to do what is natural for them.

What has happened to our society is not their fault; it is ours.
http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/smiley_don_t_know.gif http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/mad.gif

--------------------
Living In An Elected Dictatorship
Flin's opinions and comments reflect his perception of the facts and not necessarily reality
PMEmailWebsite
^
charka
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 09:00 AM

Supremo Poster

Member No.: 11

Rep: 48 pts

Funny if radicals are a minority why are they not disowned ,look at the enclaves A person being charged for thinking or having a opinion not by musloms, because he might have an intent to vilify musloms this is the goverment acting on behalf of bendigo mosque I am many others are sick of the whole traitorous lot politician i mean The who place is run by minorities
PMEmail
^
Phillip J.
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 11:49 AM

Kryptonite

Member No.: 16

Rep: 33 pts

I totally agree with Flin, about "talking 'til the cows come home.." and the fact that our wonderful government doesn't do s#%^t about the ever-increasing problem! Now look at what's happening out here. Muslims practically getting away with murder, and in some cases, actually getting away with it!
The main point here is, no matter what we all say, absolutely nothing changes for the better!
The government keeps on keeping on, and proceeds to COMPLETELY IGNORE the people, and even THIS post is doing nothing! Why am I even writing this? We have no voice, no say, and we are nothing in our elected government's eyes. Except for ripping us off with sneaky taxes, they really don't need us at all, except for way we supply funds for them to GIVE to other countries!
It's almost based on the Basil Fawlty principle :- "I'm sick of all these people here, they keep wanting service, and I'm trying to run a hotel!" (Or words to that effect!)

PS I don't think that the cows will ever come home!

--------------------
Live as if the world were as it should be, to show how it could be.
If what we do doesn't matter, then the only thing that matters is what we do.
PMEmail
^
scepo
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 01:49 PM

Supremo Poster

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

Rep: 66 pts

The responses to scepos posting were predictable from the start. It was designed to promote the usual round of Muslim bashing that occurs regularly on FDNC. Indeed there are some who would be of the opinion that there is very little else of any consequence that is discussed here.

That's fanciful Bill. I am not a Muslim basher. However I do call Islam out for exactly what it is. You frequently tell us plebs to research. I have asked you a number of times to do your research on Islam, then prove me wrong. You have not done so, you take the easy option (the progressive option) and put derogatory labels on those with a different view.

The issues raised by the young women interviewed are not confined to Islam, but are endemic right across the broad spectrum of Patriarchal Religions, (be that Islam Christianity, the Jews, Hinduism, Buddhism etc. etc.

Name me another religion (excluding fringe cults) that threatens those who leave the faith with death and intimidation not only of them but of their families as well.

The same scenarios are being played out by Catholics in Ireland, Muslim women in Saudi Arabia, women of colour in the U.S., Jewish women in Israel, Rohingha women in Myanmar. Women everywhere in fact, are rejecting the religions that deny them the same rights as men.

This story is no different. It's a feminist story, not a religious story, and the support these women need will not come from the Anti Islam brigade, but from the 'sisterhood'...….because the stories cross all religious boundaries.

Wrong Bill, this story is as much about men as it is about women. See the opening paragraph of the story quoted below.

The young men and women blowing clouds of grape and mint-flavoured smoke at a Middle Eastern shisha cafe in Sydney could pass for any group of friends.

--------------------
Everybody is Willing:
Some are willing to work, the rest are willing to let them!

The older I get, the better I was.
PM
^
charka
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 02:50 PM

Supremo Poster

Member No.: 11

Rep: 48 pts

Freedom of choice you leave we kill yep gotcha peaceful cult Why can not people get it they hate us Bill take your wife daughter granddaughter through lakembla I betthey would get a cultural Epiphany Give a call then

This post has been edited by charka: Jun 13 2018, 05:32 PM
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll