New Poll

Politicians have NO scruples!
Bear
 Posted: Jul 1 2018, 06:39 PM

Diamond

Group: Active Member
Member No.: 79

Rep: 10 pts

Pay rise for politicians as penalty rates trimmed further in hospitality and retail

ACTU says the personal income-tax cuts will not be enough to offset the drop in earnings for many workers.

user posted image
The annual base salary of a federal backbencher will increase from $203,000 to $207,000 from 1 July.

Australia’s federal politicians, senior public servants, and members of the judiciary will enjoy a 2% pay rise on Sunday, while hospitality and retail workers will see their penalty rates cut for the second year in a row.

Large taxation and wage changes will affect millions of people from 1 July, the start of the new financial year.

The independent Remuneration Tribunal decided last month to award federal politicians a 2% pay increase from 1 July, matching a 2% rise in July last year, and a 2% rise in January 2016.

Malcolm Turnbull will enjoy a weekly pay rise of $203 next week, worth more than $10,500 a year, lifting his annual salary to more than $538,000.

The Treasurer, Scott Morrison, will see his annual pay increase to more than $388,200, and the pay of the Labor leader, Bill Shorten, will rise to $384,000.

The annual base salary of a federal backbencher will increase from $203,000 to $207,000.

But workers in the hospitality, fast food, pharmacy and retail industries will have their penalty rates cut on Sunday.

It follows a decision by the Fair Work Ombudsman last year to cut rates for public holidays, and steadily reduce penalty rates for the next four years, for award-dependent workers in particular industries.

On Sunday, full-time and part-time workers in the hospitality industry will have their Sunday penalty rates cut by 10%, while causal workers will continue to receive the same rate.

In retail, full-time and part-time workers will see their Sunday penalty rates cut by 15%, while casuals will lose 10%.

For fast food workers, the penalty rates will drop 10%, and pharmacy workers face a 15% cut.

The cuts in penalty rates coincide with the first stage of the Turnbull government’s $144bn, seven-year personal income tax plan, which rolls out this weekend.

Read more:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/jun/30/pay-rise-for-politicians-as-penalty-rates-trimmed-further-in-hospitality-and-retail

The audacity of politicians never ceases to amaze me! http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/mad.gif http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/Smiley_winknod.gif

--------------------
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason.

~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz,

We live in a world in which politics has replaced philosophy. ~Martin L. Gross, A Call for Revolution, 1993

"Stupid people are like glow sticks: I wanna snap em and shake the shit outta them till the light comes on."
PM
^
charka
 Posted: Jul 1 2018, 07:50 PM

Supremo Poster

Member No.: 11

Rep: 48 pts

Sorry from despise to hate
PMEmail
^
Flin
 Posted: Jul 2 2018, 07:38 AM

Supremo Poster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: 47 pts

Snort, squeal grunt and other sundry pig noises. http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/mad.gif

--------------------
Living In An Elected Dictatorship
Flin's opinions and comments reflect his perception of the facts and not necessarily reality
PMEmailWebsite
^
charka
 Posted: Jul 2 2018, 10:41 AM

Supremo Poster

I would not mind if they dealt with relevant issues

This post has been edited by charka: Jul 3 2018, 07:32 AM
PMEmail
^
Michael.W
 Posted: Jul 2 2018, 08:26 PM

Gold

Member No.: 58

Here is a copy of an email that I sent to my Federal Member last month. Names have been redacted.

To Hon Xxxx Xxxxx

I find myself writing to you about the grave injustice of a health insurance system.

The Australian Federal Government wants people and families to have private health insurance to lessen the burden on our public health systems and public Hospitals. I have had my private health insurance for 20 years now and I find the Government has failed the people on the private health insurance. Here is why.

1. Back In 2002 I became quite ill via pain that turned out to be a kidney stone, but here’s what happened.

a. I went to see my GP on new year’s eve. They call an ambulance to transport me to Epping Hospital. I spend the night and was transferred to CCU as they thought I had a heart issue. 2pm the next the day I sent home with no answers.

b. A couple weeks later I wake up at 3 am in the morning double up in pain. I call and ambulance and insist they take me to Knox Private hospital. Once again I’m sent back home that day with no real results, However little did I know that due to government policies Emergency at private hospitals is not covered by private health insurance so I was forced to pay the hospital around $250.00 back then.

c. Another week later to the day at the same time 3am in the morning I doubled up in pain again, Once again I call the ambulance and I’m off to Knox private hospital again, this time I insist they find the cause of the pain. They kept me in emergency for 16 hrs that day, run multiply tests and x-rays whilst I was still in considerable pain. Any way the upshot was I had a kidney stone that was causing all the pain.

d. I’m then admitted into hospital and operated on.

e. After I’m release I get bill for thousands of dollars because the whole time I was kept in emergency none of the tests like pathology or x-rays expenses are covered by private health insurance whilst people are kept in the emergency ward of a private hospital and they charged way above the Medicare rates without disclosing the costs.

f. Lesson learnt

2. Last Friday I went to my local GP because I was in pain. The doctor tells me that I need and emergency procedure done that day, She asks If I have Private health insurance to which replied yes. The Doctor then writes out a letter a sends me to Knox Private hospital. I get there and report to reception, they inform me that I have to go to the emergency department first, So I walked around to emergency hand them the letter from my GP. I see triage nurse who then takes all my details and then passes me onto the next window. That person then hands me a document to sign.

I. I was requested to Pay $395.00 up front
II. Any tests like pathology or x-rays would be added up top of these costs, so I say to myself “NO” that not happening again, so I refuse the hospitals services because once again these costs are not covered by Medicare or my private health insurance due to Government regulations.

3. So I end up going to a public emergency hospital to get treated, to which I might add I was treated with full medical care and support. I ended up staying overnight for treatment and thankfully I didn’t need a procedure to be done. However, I still ended up in a hospital bed of public hospital. No out of pocket expenses have been forwarded at this stage.

So why do we have private health insurance when people are not covered when critical assessments are done in an emergency departments by private hospitals. To me that like having car insurance and if you’re the licence driver in an accident you’re not covered by insurance, It defeats the whole purpose of having insurance. From what I have been informed by the hospital at Knox Private, that this a Government issue not a private health insurance company issue. So why is the government placing restrictions on insurance policies when the whole idea is to lessen the burden on our public system. Its no wonder people and families are dropping private health insurance.

This is a gross injustice to the people of Australia that the only time people are insured under private health insurance is when your actually admitted into hospital and provided your insurance policy covers you for everything in a private hospital under your policy but whilst you’re in an emergency department of a private hospital there is “NO” coverage and people are expected to pay extra out of pocket expenses. The health system is expensive enough without 2 tier insurance system.

If the Government wants to lower the burden on public hospitals then might I suggest that this issue is sorted out by the Federal government, might I also suggest that the Government examine why this 2 tier private insurance was ever introduced. People and families are struggling enough now with all these higher costs, so why allow the system to keep over charging people by providing insurance companies with restrictions on what they will cover and charging increase premiums every year. Insurance companies have a habit of crying poor whilst making billions of dollars profit each year. It’s a National disgrace and farce for people and families to pay costs only to find out they are not covered when the highest need is required.

Can I request that you as my member bring this up in parliament if necessary and inform the health minister that should be looked into why this gross injustice on the people is allowed to happen.

Kind Regards

Michael

Now here is the response from the relevant Ministers office !!!. Once again Names and address redacted.

I refer to your email of 7 June 2018 on behalf of Mr Michael Xxxxxxxx of 75 xxxxx xxxx , Yarra Xxxx, concerning charges in private hospital emergency departments.

I understand Mr Xxxxxxxx frustration when faced with unexpected medical expenses. However, private hospital insurance does not cover charges for treatment provided to a person at an emergency department at a hospital. This ensures that people are not given preferential access to medical care in an emergency department because they have private health insurance. Additionally, if emergency department services were covered by private hospital insurance, this would increase its cost and put it out of the reach of many people.

Private health insurance has many benefits such as providing access to private in-hospital services. Being a private health insurance member allows a person to be treated in a private or public hospital as a private patient. This means that depending on the circumstances, a person can choose the doctor who treats them, the hospital they are treated in and at a time that suits them. Private health insurance may also provide cover for services not generally covered by Medicare such as physiotherapy, dental, optometry and podiatry services. Many people rely on private health insurance to access services they would otherwise be unable to afford.

Mr Xxxxxxxx also expressed concerns about the cost of private health insurance. From 1 April 2018, the national industry weighted average private health insurance premium
increase is 3.95 per cent. This is the lowest increase in nearly two decades. While premiums have increased, Australians have claimed more on their private health insurance than ever before. The Australian Government believes that a mixed model of private and public health services is integral to the provision of universal access to high quality, affordable health care services for all Australians. People have a choice about whether to use the public or private systems according to their own circumstances and consumers with private health insurance still retain the right to choose to be treated in a public hospital.

Thank you for writing on this matter.

The Hon Xxxx Xxxx

Parliament House, Canberra ACT 2600 ·· Telephone (02) 6277 xxxx

PM
^
scepo
 Posted: Jul 3 2018, 06:48 AM

Supremo Poster

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

Rep: 66 pts

It's bloody pathetic. http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/smiley_angry002.gif

--------------------
Everybody is Willing:
Some are willing to work, the rest are willing to let them!

The older I get, the better I was.
PM
^
charka
 Posted: Jul 3 2018, 07:34 AM

Supremo Poster

Bet pollies are looked after
PMEmail
^
Michael.W
 Posted: Jul 3 2018, 08:27 PM

Gold

Member No.: 58

QUOTE (charka @ Jul 3 2018, 07:34 AM)
Bet pollies are looked after

I bet your 100% correct.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll