Flin
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 07:19 AM

Supremo Poster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: 47 pts

SA election: Liberals claim victory as Labor's Jay Weatherill concedes
user posted image
Steven Marshall and Liberal deputy Vickie Chapman at the Liberal victory party.

Liberal leader Steven Marshall has declared a "new dawn" in South Australia after claiming victory in the SA election, with his party poised to form government for the first time in 16 years.

Mr Marshall arrived to a rock star's welcome at the Liberal election function, walking to the stage to the sound of The Killers song The Man.

"A massive thank you to the people of South Australia who have put their trust, their faith in me and the Liberal team for a new dawn, a new dawn for South Australia," he told cheering supporters at the Hackney Hotel.

"Can I thank all of my colleagues in the shadow cabinet, soon to be the cabinet. They have worked so hard.

"There have been some very dark days, in fact 1,460 days since the last election."

During his victory speech to the party faithful, Mr Marshall singled out Hartley MP Vincent Tarzia for praise, after the ABC's election computer predicted he would beat SA Best leader Nick Xenophon to claim the seat.
Look back on how the SA election unfolded

The SA election was predicted to produce a hung parliament. But in the end the Liberals claimed victory on the night.

"It must have been a very big shock when you find out Nick Xenophon is running against you in Hartley," he said.

"It was not expected. I think most people at that point in time would have thought, this is not going to happen, I'm going to throw in the towel. Did he throw in the towel? No way."

Despite strong challenges from Labor and SA Best, Mr Marshall is predicted to easily secure his seat of Dunstan in Adelaide's east, with a swing of 2.5 per cent in his favour.

The ABC election computer called the election earlier in the evening, predicting the Liberals would win the 24 seats needed to form government in its own right.

Later, Labor leader Jay Weatherill conceded defeat, phoning Mr Marshall to pass on his best wishe
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-17/liberals-to-form-majority-government-in-sa,-abc-predicts/9559246

Perhaps now thee won't be so many weird things going on in SA. http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/smiley_don_t_know.gif

--------------------
Living In An Elected Dictatorship
Flin's opinions and comments reflect his perception of the facts and not necessarily reality
PMEmailWebsite
^
Bear
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 10:16 AM

Diamond

Group: Active Member
Member No.: 79

Rep: 8 pts

A sign of the times - now to rid SA of Hanson-Young

--------------------
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason.

~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz,

We live in a world in which politics has replaced philosophy. ~Martin L. Gross, A Call for Revolution, 1993

"Stupid people are like glow sticks: I wanna snap em and shake the shit outta them till the light comes on."
PM
^
charka
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 05:54 PM

Supremo Poster

Member No.: 11

Rep: 48 pts

wonder bif they will still have to import power
PMEmail
^
Michael.W
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 08:26 AM

Gold

Member No.: 58

Rep: 47 pts

I haven't taken to much notice of this election but it does seem that the people of SA have spoken loudly to the Labor party, Greens & Nick the wanker in SA.

Vic has a election this year as well, Dan the man will be on very shaky ground as well, the greens didn't get a look in at the Batman bye election on the weekend either.

Probably a lot to do with Di Natalie's ISIS remarks amongst others things as well.

Personally I don't think the liberals did anywhere enough to oust both Labor & Greens from the seat of Batman. Pretty Pathetic in my view, too scared of losing instead of facing the people to sway them.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | SA | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll