Flin
 Posted: Sep 29 2017, 09:16 AM

Supremo Poster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: 47 pts

Holden fans rev up: V8-powered Chevrolet Camaro confirmed
user posted image

DIEHARD Holden V8 fans have a reason to cheer, even as they prepare to farewell the homegrown Commodore.

The iconic Chevrolet Camaro muscle car will fill the V8 void in Holden showrooms next year, almost five years ahead of schedule - and ahead of the next generation flagship Corvette sports car due in 2020.

These exclusive photos show Holden is preparing to import the Camaro SS and have it converted to right-hand-drive in Melbourne by its longstanding performance-car partner Holden Special Vehicles.

The two Camaros caught on camera near HSV's secret engineering centre are yet to be switched to right-hand-drive, but the plans are well progressed, with direct support from Detroit.

Holden wasn't supposed to get the Camaro until the next generation due in 2022, when it will be built in right-hand-drive on the North American production line for the first time.

But the runaway success of the Ford Mustang - the Camaro's arch rival - has seen Holden pull out all stops to get the Chevrolet into local showrooms as soon as possible.
https://www.news-mail.com.au/news/holden-fans-rev-up-v8-powered-chevrolet-camaro-con/3229171/

Good to see a bit of competition for the Mustang, eh? http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/Smiley_winknod.gif

--------------------
Living In An Elected Dictatorship
Flin's opinions and comments reflect his perception of the facts and not necessarily reality
PMEmailWebsite
^
scepo
 Posted: Sep 29 2017, 11:40 AM

Supremo Poster

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

Rep: 65 pts

Yes it is. Don't know if it will be as popular as the Mustang, but some competition has to be better than none. http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/smiley_don_t_know.gif

--------------------
Everybody is Willing:
Some are willing to work, the rest are willing to let them!

The older I get, the better I was.
PM
^
Michael.W
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 01:02 PM

Gold

Group: Active Member
Member No.: 58

Rep: 46 pts

Problem is that both models and the Mopar vehicle are all designed for the enthusiast, not very practical as family or business type vehicles. IMHO
PM
^
scepo
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 04:15 PM

Supremo Poster

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

Rep: 65 pts

True Mick. They are only for a limited market.

--------------------
Everybody is Willing:
Some are willing to work, the rest are willing to let them!

The older I get, the better I was.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | " Car News & Reviews" | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll