Rana Capillum

Group: Featured Blogers
Member No.: 17

Rep: 141 pts

user posted image

Back to my old faithful stand-by ... a "What is It?"

user posted image

--------------------
"In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia." - George Orwell

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

PMEmail
^
Charles
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 08:56 AM

Rana Capillum

Group: Featured Blogers
Member No.: 17

Rep: 141 pts

The photo is of the seed cone of a zamia palm. As the zamia is a member of the cyad family, I paid a point for cyad.
The zamia grows naturally in WA but not in other states, therefore it would have been difficult for our Eastern States participants to recognise it.
Flin identified it as a cycad and, when asked for further information, gave me sago palm which is very similar indeed to a zamia. I therefore gave him the extra point.
Alicia, being a resident of WA, scored 2 points having given both cycad and zamia.

--------------------
"In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia." - George Orwell

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | "Burning Questions" | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll