Who?
Charles
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 08:32 AM

Rana Capillum

Group: Featured Blogers
Member No.: 17

Rep: 142 pts

user posted image

I bit of research might be required here. The first is fairly straightforward, the second might take I bit more time.

Which famous pop stars were known as The Glimmer Twins?

Mahatma Gandhi exchanged letters with many famous people. However, he only ever addressed one as “sir”. Who?

--------------------
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be." - Socrates
PMEmail
^
Charles
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 09:15 AM

Rana Capillum

The Glimmer Twins are Mick Jagger and Keith Richard.

In his wide range of letters, the only person Gandhi referred to as "Sir" was Leo Tolstoy.

--------------------
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be." - Socrates
PMEmail
^
scepo
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 11:50 AM

Supremo Poster

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

Rep: 65 pts

I bit of research might be required here. The first is fairly straightforward, the second might take I bit more time.

After reading your first paragraph (above) Charles, I thought the "I" was meant to be replaced with "A" so I searched for glammer twins and was almost going to nominate The Veronicas, but decided it didn't really accurately fit.

According to this site (link below) there are at least three letters Ghandi wrote which he started : "Sir" They were not started "Dear Sir" though. They were to Lord Chelmsford, Duke of Connaught and Lord Reading. Because there were more than one and they lacked the "Dear" I didn't bother entering them.

This is not a complaint Charles, it is just a bit of trivia I found doing my research. http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/biggrin.gif

http://www.mkgandhi.org/ebks/famous-letters-of-mahatma-gandhi.pdf

--------------------
Everybody is Willing:
Some are willing to work, the rest are willing to let them!

The older I get, the better I was.
PM
^
Charles
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 12:15 PM

Rana Capillum

A bonus point for year research scepo! http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/biggrin.gif

--------------------

PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | "Burning Questions" | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll