Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Australiai and Electric Cars, Costs
Bear
 Posted: Jul 6 2018, 10:54 PM

Diamond

Group: Active Member
Member No.: 79

Rep: 10 pts

Charging stations are being installed around Australia, not much good to us in the bush, but you can charge them at home.

Electric cars are expensive at the moment, like most things the prices will come down in time.

As the prices drop they will become more attractive due to the low running costs.

My cuz just bought this one, not much room for the family - Ok for a quick run to the pub.

user posted image

--------------------
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason.

~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz,

We live in a world in which politics has replaced philosophy. ~Martin L. Gross, A Call for Revolution, 1993

"Stupid people are like glow sticks: I wanna snap em and shake the shit outta them till the light comes on."
PM
^
lee
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 12:59 PM

Rana Capillum

Member No.: 48

Rep: 17 pts

Where is Bundy living now? Has he moved?

--------------------
Life is neither a race to the end, nor a slow ramble whose sole aim is longevity

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
PM
^
Pool
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 03:19 PM

Amethyst

Member No.: 95

Rep: 1 pts

QUOTE (charka @ Jul 6 2018, 08:17 PM)
where do they get the power for the cars and who can afford them

Umm Read the beginning of this thread charka, its what I worked out would be the costs to go to electric vehicle's :)
And the savings could be used to subsidize the EV's until they go down in price
PMEmail
^
Pool
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 03:23 PM

Amethyst

QUOTE (Charles @ Jul 4 2018, 09:52 AM)
Good post Pool.

How will any government cope with the loss of fuel excise on 32,732,000,000 litres of fuel each year?

I Looked into it and the excise is about 13 billion a year
so over 10 years would need to take off 130 billion of the saving's I worked out :) http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/wink.gif
PMEmail
^
charka
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 03:28 PM

Supremo Poster

Member No.: 11

Rep: 48 pts

So really the cost of replacing the batteries would be built inn Sounds like the old never plan Trust us we are the guberment What would be the cost of a car? Beyond the reach of many i think
PMEmail
^
lee
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 06:35 PM

Rana Capillum

Member No.: 48

Rep: 17 pts

so over 10 years would need to take off 130 billion of the saving's I worked out

Wouldn't that start down low and end up at $13 billion a year? The EV's are not going to be the main vehicle of choice to start.

This post has been edited by lee: Jul 7 2018, 06:37 PM

--------------------
Life is neither a race to the end, nor a slow ramble whose sole aim is longevity

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
PM
^
Pool
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 07:48 AM

Amethyst

QUOTE (charka @ Jul 7 2018, 03:28 PM)
So really the cost of replacing the batteries would be built inn Sounds like the old never plan Trust us we are the guberment  What would be the cost of a car? Beyond the reach of many i think

The batteries like Tesla's big one in SA is guaranteed for 10 years, should last about 15.
That's why I used a 10 year plan.
The solar panels last around 20 years.
SO after 10 years there is even more saving as u only need to replace batteries and not the structure they r built in .

Electric vehicle's r getting cheep and cheaper as more r made and they r working out better ways to build them, Its only been about 8 years since EV's have been having real money and research put into them, if we start getting the ones made in china, they will get very affordable,
The battery price has been the main expense's and 8 years ago they cost $400 USD for 1mwh, by the end of the year Tesla will be making them for $100 USD
Its estimated that in 5 years they will be the same price as ICE vehicles.
You also have to remember they almost do away with Services, 80% less moving parts, they don't even use brakes as the engine breaks the car.
The cost of refilling a EV is also about a quarter of the price of a ICE as well,
Lifetime of ownership say over 200,000km is getting close now to being the same.
http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/wink.gif

QUOTE (lee @ Jul 7 2018, 06:35 PM)
so over 10 years would need to take off 130 billion of the saving's I worked out

Wouldn't that start down low and end up at $13 billion a year? The EV's are not going to be the main vehicle of choice to start.

Well Yes but if we get rid of all Fossil Fuel Vehicles then there will be 13 billion less revenue for fuel excise , so that has to be taken into consideration. http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/wink.gif http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/wink.gif
PMEmail
^
Flin
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 08:18 AM

Supremo Poster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: 47 pts

I would like to see some positive action by the government to reduce the price of electric cars.
Unfortunately our government seems to be in transition from chronic ineptitude toward progressive imbecility.
http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/mad.gif

--------------------
Living In An Elected Dictatorship
Flin's opinions and comments reflect his perception of the facts and not necessarily reality
PMEmailWebsite
^
Pool
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 12:39 PM

Amethyst

yes even a small gesture like lowering import duty or waive the luxury tax. http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/wink.gif
PMEmail
^
charka
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 12:59 PM

Supremo Poster

Member No.: 11

Rep: 48 pts

I would bet the cost of cars would beyond anybody except pollies Where does thew power come fom to charge them ? Got blackouts looming now
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Environmental Issues | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll